Purpose: Introducing the landscape approach from a city perspective, through case studies, examples and targeted problem-solving.
• Prof. Yu Xinxiao, Deputy Secretary General, Beijing Forestry Society; Partnership for Megacities and Watershed Protection (PMWP) (10 min)
Biodiversity and water in the landscape approach
• Roland White, Lead Urban Specialist, African Region, The World Bank (10 min)
Green urban development in Africa – an ecosystem services valuation study for planning
This session will involve speed presentations of 7 min each, followed by the opportunity for the audience to engage with each in more detail – each speaker will have a corner of the room with whiteboard/poster and the delegates will have the opportunity to engage with 3 of the 4 presenters (20 min x 3 = 60 min).
• Grant Pearsell, Director, Parks and Biodiversity, Urban Planning and Environment, Sustainable Development, Edmonton, Canada
Emerald Crescent Parkway – incorporating urban wetlands into a new development
• Dr Cathy Oke, Councillor, Chair Transport Portfolio, Deputy Chair Environment Portfolio, City of Melbourne, Australia
Contemporary participation based approaches to managing the urban landscape
• Stephen Granger, Major Programmes and Projects, Environmental Resource Management, Cape Town, South Africa
Partnerships around an urban river corridor
• Attorney Leticia Clemente, City Budget Officer and Designate Investment Officer, Baguio, Philippines
Transboundary water management